Tour of Moutohorā - Gift Voucher
- Location: Whakatane, Bay Of Plenty
- Product code: MISGV
When purchasing a gift voucher for your special someone, you'll have the option of getting the voucher emailed directly to them or emailing it to yourself, where you can print it out and gift it at a later date. Please note that whatever email address you put into the 'Recipient 1' section is where the voucher will be emailed immediately after payment has been processed.
Email vouchers/confirmations may find their way into your Junk Mail folder, we apologise in advance for this, but if you don't receive your voucher right away please check your junk. If you experience any issues, please contact a member of our team for assistance.
All vouchers are valid for 12 months' from the date of purchase.
Vouchers are non-refundable
Discover the rare beauty of one of New Zealand’s little-known treasures
Moutohorā/Whale Island is a pest-free oasis that is home to a number of New Zealand's rare and endangered plants, birds and reptiles. Keep an eye out for a threatened tūturiwhatu/New Zealand dotterel, boisterous tīeke/North Island saddleback, Tuatara, or kākāriki/red-crowned parakeet as you journey through the regenerated native bush before you dig yourself a soothing geothermal spring pool at Onepū Bay, Moutohorā’s secluded hot water beach.
This is your opportunity to see New Zealand’s wildlife as nature intended it and shows what can be achieved when a concentrated effort on conservation is made, managed and protected.
Tour of Moutohorā Highlights
- 4-hour guided tour of one of New Zealand’s most protected wildlife sanctuaries
- 15-minute boat journey to Moutohorā/Whale Island aboard a comfortable catamaran
- Visit a kekeno/NZ fur seal colony
- Abundant birdlife including tūturiwhatu/New Zealand dotterel, tīeke/North Island saddleback, kākāriki/red-crowned parakeet, tui and bellbirds
- Swim at secluded hot water beach Onepū/Sulphur Bay
- Dig your own private hot springs pool at Onepū/Sulphur Bay
- Professional and fully trained crew and guides
Each ticket price includes a landing fee supporting the Department of Conservation's work on the island and a contribution to support the Whakatāne Coastguard.
We are a Qualmark Gold Endorsed Activity.